Introduction to Keeping Chickens Course
This informative, and practical, short-course covers everything you need to know to become a happy hen keeper with happy hens! We will cover all aspects of small-flock keeping including:
- Laws and Livestock
- Housing and Fencing
- Predator Protection
- Feeds and Feeding
- Chicken Health and First Aid
- Catching and Handling Chickens
- Lifecycle of chickens – what age is right for you?
- Chicken breeds – which are right for you?
- Storing eggs safely
- Selling eggs – The Farm Gate Law
Our courses all year around and last for approximately two and a half hours. Those who attend receive tea, coffee and cake!
£30 per person
£50 per couple
£2.50 per child (under 18)
Course Dates 2017:
Courses are arranged by appointment only, for bio-security reasons. Contact Sally to discuss courses and to book your place! Tel: 07798652178 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org